17 April 2011

The Next President (& Vice-President) of the USA


Howdy neighbor.  I know, seems like last week we was listening all them campaign commercials.  But here it is, campaign time again.  Heck, the election's less than 2 years away you know!   Makes you kinda wish Tom, John, Ben and the guys had hung on to them British election laws, don't it.  That way them politicians would spend more time doin' the job we're paying 'em for. 
 
Of course you know its time 'cause the President already announced he'll run for another term.  But that ain't the only reason.  You noticed how all them crises we had kinda got moved to the back burner?  You know, Social Security and Medicare and the like can wait a little longer.  Right?  Also, have you noticed the President's got time for them town meetings again?  And have you noticed how the blame game got goin' again?  Yep, all the signs are there. 
 
Most folks say it's way too early to make any predictions about the outcome of that next election.  After all, won't be till next summer that they officially choose who's running.  Well maybe so, but I been known to do some crazy things in my day and even make a prediction every once in a while.  Now I can see this one comin' just as clear as the air after a cold front passes.  Reckon it's time to put it down in writin' before I forget. 
 
Ain't going to waste no words. The way I see it, unless something real bad (and I mean REAL bad) happens in the next year and a half, President Obama's going have his second term.  First off, the incumbent's always got an advantage.   But besides that, them Republicans still ain't got nobody that'll be able to fend off all that dirt diggin', name-callin', and fun makin' that's gonna happen.  Mark my words friend, that's the way it'll be no matter who they pick.   Even more so if they put a woman on the ticket.  Not only that, but I hear tell the Democrats and their supporters still got lots of cash to spend.  Them anti-anything-conservative-or-Tea Party-or-Republican commercials will be agoin' before your plantin' is done.  There might even be another "timely" movie come out of Hollywood 'fore it's over.  Come to think of it, some of the unions are already busy up there in Wisconsin and over in Ohio. You know, that assault on worker’s rights” thing?

But no matter. Here's the kicker, Clyde. (And I ain't got time for no conspiracy stuff, so I ain't saying there was some kinda deal made either.)  I'm bettin' that ol' Joe Biden is gonna decide to retire from politics just about cultivating time next year.  As I see it, there's only one logical choice for a replacement.  A former Senator.  A person close to a former President.  And now a diplomat known around the world.  And a woman.  Now if that don't guarantee success nothing will.  Hillary will be the solution to keeping the White House for 12 to 16 years and satisfying a very ambitious person.

All right, call me a crazy old coot.  Don't mind at all.  In fact somebody in my house has taken pride in pointin' out how wrong I am for many years.  Kinda used to it.  But we'll talk 'bout this again sometime neighbor.  Till then, I am...
Justan O. Geezer


No comments: